Thursday 22 September 2011

Homemade Themed Birthday Cake

Fire Truck Cake

My son loves trucks and cars and I mean really loves them. He especially took an interest in fire trucks – when he was learning to say his name, he often called himself “fire truck”. For his second birthday I decided it was only appropriate to make him a fire truck birthday cake. I am by no means a pastry chef or cake designer/decorator but I thought I would give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out. I did follow instructions from a themed cake book and it was easier than I thought. I purchased decorations from the bulk barn (mostly dried fruit and pretzels) and made a basic banana cake. It turned out very nice and cost pennies to make! I am also very sentimental so I love that it is a memory we will always have of M when he was two. I hope to continue making themed birthday cakes for my boys based on their interests…well, as long as my next-to- none experience allows me to. If I can do it so can you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment