Thursday 20 October 2011

Stained Glass



I've always wanted stained glass windows in my home. This may not be exactly what I had in mind but it certainly adds beautiful colour to our house and I can say my boys made it. Both of them had a hand in creating this work of art. They worked alongside each other. M liked sticking the tissue paper on the contact paper and J liked pulling it off. It was great fun to watch them. J was so fascinated by the sticky paper that we moved it to his light box so he could explore further with it. It eventually turned into a sticky colourful ball. In this case the process was more important than the product!

Here’s how:

I found adhesive contact paper (stationary isle) and tissue paper at Dollarama. Peel back the paper lining on the contact paper and tape it sticky side out on a window that is reachable for your little one. Cut squares or shapes of any kind from tissue paper and let your kids place the pieces wherever they please. You will be surprised at how pretty it is when they decide they are done.


No comments:

Post a Comment